Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My first 2 weeks as a Mom...

Have been tough. Not tough because of Noah, hes perfect and brings me so much joy. I have been sick. two days after I left the hospital I went right back to find out I had Post Partum Eclampsia. I was hooked up to a million ivs and poked and fed medications for three days. Although I was practically near death all I could think about was Noah and how much I was missing out on by not being with Noah. All I could do was cry. I cried so much my nurses would cry with me. They would call my doctors constantly to see if I could go home. Finally my doctor came and she is very hard and sarcastic. She went soft at the sight of me. I could not stop crying which made my blood pressure sky rocket. She decided it was better for me to go home with antibiotics.
Well antibiotics and morphine and bp medicine and iron pills really dont allow me to breastfeed. So I couldn't breastfeed Noah like I planned. 3 days after being released from the hospital guess who got a nasty coldsore? This girl. I couldn't kiss my baby like I so badly wanted. My infection was coming out of my body through a coldsore and it was huge and horrible. I hid in the house for a week.
After my coldsore went away I decided it was time to rearrange my room that I am currently sharing with my niece and nephew. Well that was a huge mistake. I broke out in a rash or bumps that currently cover my arms, legs and stomach. I don't know what it is, I don't know if its contagious. Now I don't even want to hold Noah. And if I do I have to wear a jacket because I don't want to infect him. Fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment